Ipsy bag (Glam bag / MyGlam bag) is a monthly subscription service where every month you will receive a bag full of deluxe samples and full-sized products (total of 5 items per bag). This month’s theme is “Sensationally Sunkissed“.
- Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass Fabulous Lip + Cheek Stain – I love, love, love, the sweet cherry smell of this tint! It puts me in a happy mood when I use it! The red stain color reminds me of the Benefit Benetint but the formula is quite different. This one is thicker, more gel-like, and not at all watery, which makes it easier to use and control especially when applied on the cheeks. It comes with a doe-foot applicator for precision application. The longevity? It seriously stays put on the lips/cheeks all day!
- Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil Natural Sunscreen SPF 08 – OK, you can call me crazy but I've never heard of tanning oils before! Once I did my research, I was actually horrified that this product was put in the bag! Just read this:
Tanning oils work by attracting and focusing the ultraviolet rays of the sun onto the skin. … the properties of tanning oils accelerate the process by intensifying the rays. As the UV rays penetrate the skin, they accelerate the melanocytes' ability to produce melanin. … Ultraviolet radiation has the ability to damage skin cells, which can mutate the cell's structure. These mutations can create a cancerous cell, which can lead to skin cancer.
Just wow. I'm sorry but this is reckless on Ipsy side. This type of products should not be sent out carelessly like this, at all. Skin cancer is a serious business and I can't imagine why anyone would want to promote it.
- Befine Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 – Now this product I approve! One can never have enough moisturizer especially one with SPF. It's a cruelty-free product, too, so that's another plus. The light, creamy formula absorbs instantly and does not leave any sticky feeling on the skin afterwards. I like! :)
- Pür Minerals Big Look Waterproof Extreme Mascara with Argan Oil – I've never tried a mascara with Argan Oil before. It is said to be loaded with Vitamin E, antioxidants, and omega 3 and 9 fatty acids to “hydrate and repair lashes”. Sounds great to me! I like that it has a waterproof and clump-free formula, however, it doesn't seem to hold a curl for my straight eyelashes very well.
- Bareminerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Divine Wine – What a mouthful! ;D Now this one is the product I'm most excited about! It's a brownish taupe cream shadow that just glides on the lid and sets within seconds. Once set, it stays put all.day.long! The sample tube is so tiny but with this kind of product, a little does go a really long way. A light touch is all you need. I also like to use it as an eyeshadow base, too. Works great!
This month's bag is a cute neon pink bag that I find super adorable, with scalloped edges and felt lining. The faux leather is really soft, too. I think it's one of the cutest bags I have received so far. People have complained about the off-putting chemical smell of the bag but mine doesn't smell at all (phew!).
This month may be my last month with Ipsy, though. I have accumulated way too many samples over the years that I can't keep up anymore. I seriously need to downside my sample stash! Maybe one day I will re-sign up but I think it's time to let someone else down the line enjoy the fun, too! :)