After 5 months of living in Thailand, I finally did my first real makeup shopping haul! I mean, I do buy a couple of small things here and there from small shops where I happen to walk by but this time I purposely went to a beauty hall in a department store and really went crazy at the counters! Without further ado, let's see what I bought!
I first stopped by the NARS counter at Siam Paragon to pick up my press samples. This is my first press kit I have ever received in Thailand so I was pretty stoked. I was given the following items:
- Audacious Mascara in Black Moon – To be released in Thailand September 1st!
- Kohliner in Minorque – Also to be released in Thailand September 1st.
- Velvet Shadow Stick in Reykjavik – I love cream shadow sticks so I'm pretty excited to try this! Looks like a really nice color for sultry smokey eyes!
- Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base – I just emptied my last tube so it was perfect timing to get a new one! For anyone wearing eye makeup, you need this primer to hold everything in place!
- Audacious Lipstick in Raquel – I reviewed Juliet a while back and was impressed with the formula. Happy to receive one in another color. This one looks like a gorgeous nude beige pink. Hopefully it won't wash me out.
I also grabbed the Ultimate NARS Lip Pencil Kit on my way out. It has NARS Satin Lip Pencils in Biscayne Park and Stourhead (limited edition) and a Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine. There is another set in brighter colors also but I was more drawn towards the nudes in this set!
Across from the NARS counter is Burberry! And my makeup trip wouldn't be complete without checking out what's new at the Burberry counter. Here are some things I bought:
- Eye Colour Cream in Damson (US$30 | Nordstrom) – This one looks a bit intimidating in the jar but wow, it swatches a beautiful plummy purple blended out. Truly a love at first sight. Hopefully the formula won't disappoint!
- First Kiss – Fresh Gloss Lip Balm in Rose Blush (US$26 | Sephora) – A sheer tinted lip gloss/lip balm hybrid. Very smooth with zero stickiness!
- Cashmere Concealer – Flawless Soft-Matte Corrector in Porcelain (US$40 | Sephora) – I'd been looking for a new under eye brightener and when I tried this one on the back of my hand, I was so impressed with the pigmentation and blendability that I purposely picked a super light shade to use as an under eye brightener. It does give a wonderful soft matte finish as the name suggests. I can't wait to see how it holds up under my eyes!
- Effortless Eyebrow Definer – Brow Shaping Pencil in Ebony (US$33 | Nordstrom) – I love discovering new eyebrow pencils and I've been curious about this one for a long time. Now I can cross it off my list!
I was also given a nail polish in Oxblood (US$22 | Nordstrom) and Hydrating Lip Colour in Nude Pink (US$33 | Nordstrom) as complimentary GWPs!
And just right around the corner, there is a Tom Ford counter so of course, I had to pay a visit! They didn't have the whole Fall 2015 Collection out yet but I was able to test the new Complexion Enhancing Primer in Peach Glow and Pink Glow (US$74 | Nordstrom). I did like both of them, but not enough to buy them but who knows, I always change my mind. I might pick up the Pink one later. And good news, these do not smell funky like the original Illuminating Primer (review)! What I did pick up is the highly-raved Brow Sculptor in Espresso (US$45 | Nordstrom). Yep! This crazy girl bought 2 eyebrow pencils in one shopping! -__-”
And on my way out, I stopped at the Dior counter to check out the new collection which I didn't end up buying any. What I bought instead are:
- Diorskin Nude Air Loose Powder in Rose/Pink (US$56 | Nordstrom) – I had been searching for a perfect sheer pink loose powder for a long time so upon swatching this one, I knew it had to be mine. The pink hue is very subtle on the skin so it helps brighten up the complexion just enough to be noticeable without making you look like you're wearing a wrong shade. What's even more special about this powder is the ultra fine sparkles thinly dispersed throughout the formula. They are not very noticeable on the skin at all and can only be seen when the light hits at the right angle. Very beautiful.
- Pore Minimizer Skin Refining Matte Primer (US$42 | Nordstrom) – I tested this one back in winter 2014 (review) when my skin was extremely dry from the cold weather. I found it to be difficult to use as it tended to emphasize my dry flakes. I ended up giving my tube to a friend. Little did I know a year and a half later I'd be all over it! This primer really works much better for my summer skin! It mattifies and keeps my face very smooth without emphasizing my skin's imperfections. And it feels extremely light! I'll have to update my review ASAP!
- Gel Coat (US$27 | Nordstrom) – I just finished a bottle so this is a replacement. I love using this over the Nail Glow (yes, I'm pretty boring when it comes to nail color) to add a gorgeous, long-lasting, glass-like shine. I know there are probably plenty of better alternatives out there but I guess I stick with this one because I know it works.
As for GWPs, I was given the Capture Totale Cellular Lotion, Diorsnow UV Shield Brightening Illuminating UV Protection SPF 50 PA+++ sunscreen (review; US$55 | Nordstrom), and Addict Lip Maximizer (review; US$33 | Nordstrom).
Since I had a little bit of time left, I thought I would walk to the nearby mall (Siam Center) to buy a couple of things at Sephora (you know, so that I can finally get my hands on the Thai Sephora membership card!). There wasn't really any makeup that caught my attention so I chose to buy some tools and lip care instead. I ended up getting:
- Beautyblender sponges – It's now my mission to collect every color! ;) I already have the original pink so I bought Pure (white; US$20 | Sephora), Pro (black; US$20 | Sephora), and Royal (purple; US$20 | Beauty.com). I still need to hunt down the Red.carpet one!
- Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Nude (US$22.50 | Sephora) – This is probably not going to show up on my lips at all but I couldn't resist. You know how much I love Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment!
As a new member, I was given the Ginseng Mask (US$6 | Sephora) as a welcome gift. I had a good experience when I tried the Pomegranate and Rose ones (review) a while back so I have no doubt I am going to be enjoying this one, too!
Well, that's about it for my first Thailand “haul”! :) Good thing I had only a couple of hours to shop otherwise my wallet would have suffered even more damage! I'm excited to take photos of these products ASAP so that I can start testing them. If there's anything you'd like to see reviewed first, please let me know in the comments! :)
Wow, epic haul! I see some stuff I’ve tried and loved there! I am really into the TF brow pencil (I have it in Taupe). I hope you’ll like yours, too!
I remember your review! And I also blame your review for tipping me over the edge to buy! LOL!
I agree to what Sunny wrote, epic haul! wow! It looks like they are very generous with samples too, great thing! I can’t wait to read more about Burberry products.
I was surprised to see them giving out so many samples! I actually expected none! I so wanted to buy everything from Burberry but one (or a few) at a time right? ;D
Everything looks AH-mazing!!! Have fun with your new goodies!
I am! :D :D :D My only problem is I have to take photograph before I can use them. And finding time to photograph is tricky due to my busy schedules. Talk about torture! LOL. You have them, you see them, but you can’t use them. Know what I mean? Haha
Jesus, that’s some serious hauling.
Nice haul! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the new Nars Audacious Mascara; those hooks look intimidating. Interesting that the Thai Sephora card is white instead of red. Is it called VIB Blanc instead of VIB Rouge?
The review of the NARS Audacious Mascara is up! (https://hellojaa.com/reviews/nars-audacious-mascara) Instead of BI, VIB, and Rouge, here we only have a white card holder and a black card holder (black = upgraded status). At this rate, I will probably get bumped up to the black one pretty soon, though. LOL.
What an awesome haul! I wish we had Tom Ford here and I asked, but looks like it won’t be happening soon :-(
Booo…. but.. it’s only 2 hour flight here! ;)
You did go a little crazy :) But it looks like you got some really good stuff. I am really curious about that Burberry Cashmere Concealer. Hope to read your thoughts soon. Also, I want a purple Beauty Blender, I don’t think Sephora here carries it.
The review of the Burberry Cashmere Concealer is up! (https://hellojaa.com/reviews/burberry-cashmere-concealer) Actually US Sephora does carry the purple one! Or at least I saw one at a Sephora store near me when I was in the States. You can always buy it online from other retailers, too, though. :)
What an absolutely beautiful haul! Can’t argue with the quality of any of these brands. I can’t wait to check out the new offerings from Burberry. Have an amazing weekend! xo
I seriously wanted to haul everything from the Burberry counter! Especially the Autumn/Winter 2015 Runway Palette! But the price point is a bit steep for 3 eyeshadow colors. Still I want it! LOL
Amazing haul! I need to know if the TF brow thing is worth it!
Lol, so I realise you’re watermarking your images but in the Dior picture, it genuinely looks like the Pore Minimizer is personalized to Hello Jaa! :p
Haha I thought the same! Too lazy to fix it. ^_^”
That is quite a serious haul. But after a few months of holding back, it was meant to happen.
Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking
Imagine if it was a one year of holding back?!! LOL!
Hi Jaa. I’m going to Thai next month so I found this post to be very helpful for reference. Besides at “Siam Paragon”, where else can I find Tom Ford beauty products? Also, have you ever posted any list with places to find high-end beauty products in Thai apart from airport DFS? Please share with me if you have or know anyone who have such list. Thank you! :)
Hi Natasha, I’m so so sorry I wasn’t able to reply to you sooner. Were you able to find what you’re looking for in Thailand? :)