Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Paper
Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Paper Refill
6.2 cm (2.4 in) x 5.3 cm (2.1 in)
Review & Usage
OK, I’m pretty sure you know the primary reason why I bought these! Who could resist those cute little dinosaurs?! :D I’m so glad Sephora is starting to carry more Korean brands now. This blotting paper is the first product I’ve tried from Too Cool For School and certainly won’t be the last!
Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Dear Brachiosaurus Blotting Paper has the cutest and most innovative packaging and blotting paper delivery system I’ve ever used to date. How so? Allow me to make a list!
- Dinosaur illustration. It can’t get any cuter than this!
- Hard case keeps the blotting sheets inside clean, intact, and wrinkle-free! The rigid, frosted plastic material is also waterproof so you’ll never have to worry about spilling water/liquid on it. You can also reuse the case to store small miscellaneous stuff such as hair pins and small buttons.
- A mirror! This little guy comes with a mirror inside the size of the compact! Makes touching up super easy and convenient.
- Best of all is the delivery system: it comes with a cute little mint-colored puff! The puff is flexible and cushiony and has a finger strap where you can insert your fingers through it just like you would a traditional powder puff. The whole blotting process will look like you are touching up your face using a powder compact but instead of the powder, you’re touching up with a blotting sheet instead!
- On the other side of the puff you will find a double-sided adhesive pad attached to it. The adhesive sticks to the blotting sheet to allow picking up one sheet at a time! When you’re done blotting, remove the sheet from the adhesive and replace the puff which will then attach to the next sheet. How genius is this?! This is also a great way for those who do not like their fingers touching the oil absorbed through the sheet during blotting. And oh, if the adhesive ever becomes weak, just peel it off to reveal the next one under it! There are a total of 5 replacement adhesives per puff!
According to the brand, the paper is made from “natural hanji, a tradional Korean handmade paper that’s sourced from mulberry trees” so it has a bonus point for being all-natural and biodegradable. The paper feels somewhat soft and cushiony on the skin though I have to say it’s not the softest oil-blotting paper I have tried.
Performance-wise, it soaks up oil and takes away shine instantly without disturbing makeup and it does so in a way that it still leaves a very tiny bit of oil behind so that your face doesn’t look too dry or parched. If you prefer a total matte finish, you may have to go in with another sheet.
Speaking of the sheet, I have to mention that it’s very small size! It’s even smaller than the Tatcha Evening Aburatorigami Japanese Beauty Paper (review) so if your face is as shiny as mine, you will probably have to use at least a couple sheets (or more) to remove all the oil from your face. However, if your skin is on the drier side, one sheet may be all you need.
One case contains 50 sheets and you can buy a refill pack separately as seen in my pictures above (not sold on Sephora). The refill pack also contains 50 sheets and replacement adhesives for the puff.
Will I repurchase? Certainly! The cute factor and the cushiony puff kind of make up for the small size of the sheet! It really makes daily blotting — a boring but necessary task — much more enjoyable in my opinion! :)